Osprey Monitor Training sessions will be held on three dates ahead of the 2022 season:
February 6 from 12:00 to 3:00pm at Audubon’s Caratunk Wildlife Refuge. 301 Brown Ave, Seekonk, MA
February 13 from 12:00 to 3:00pm at Audubon’s Nature Center & Aquarium at 1401 Hope Street in Bristol, RI
February 17 from 5:30 to 8:00pm at 1E Farm Road in Kingston, RI
All existing monitors must have attended a training session within the past 3 years. If you are a new monitor it is required that you attend one training session.
This year’s training sessions will cover the following topics:
- Natural history of Osprey: Appearance, Behaviors, Range, etc…
- History of Osprey in Rhode Island
- History of the Monitoring program
- The role of the monitor – Expectations
- Submitting your observations – this year I will introduce an alternative way to submit your observations.
- Review of the 2021 season – Preview of the 2021 annual Osprey monitoring report
Please pre-register if possible (go to asri.doubleknot.com/event/calendar/2741). Walk-ins will be welcome. All attendees must wear a mask.
Thank you for you interest in supporting the program and helping Osprey!