I hope that everyone’s spring observations went well and that you are all set for a summer of wonderful monitoring! Following are some important housekeeping notes:
1) Please remember to submit your data online – we are missing observations for several nests. If the nest is inactive, just give us a quick note via email. If the on-line system is not working for you please drop us a line. You can also send your hard copies to us and we will input the data if necessary.
2) As a reminder, your email address serves as your username.
3) Regarding hard copies (your observation notes) please snail mail them to us – either monthly or at the end. We need to have the paper copies by the end of the August.
4) We love to hear about new nests – please click on the link on the web page and/or send us the information. Pictures are great.
5) Inactive or non-existent nests – Please keep us updated so that database can be as accurate as possible.
6) HAVE FUN! Bring a friend or family member with you. Observations are a great time to relax and enjoy nature. Some monitors take a snack, read a book, practice their photography and bird identification or just enjoy getting away from the computer…
Kristen L. spotted a new new nest behind the Thayer Arena and near tennis courts and a baseball field in Warwick. Thanks for the update, and for monitoring the nest, Kristen! Following is a link until we update the map on www.riosprey.info:
We have been receiving wonderful reports and pictures from many of you – please keep them coming! Hopefully you have located your nest by now (it gets difficult once the summer foliage fills in) and have been able to spot an osprey or two.
Please remember to submit your data via the website, and hold on to your paper copies as we will need them at the end of the season.
If you are having difficulties or have some suggestions please contact us – we want this program to grow and improve each year.
On behalf of Audubon, have a wonderful Memorial Day and happy monitoring! JS